|Doing a program:|
a Massachusetts 501(
C ) 3 non-profit
corporation dedicated to supporting students,
dropouts and other workers to learn skills that will help them succeed in a career or additional
schooling (college and career readiness (CCR ))
1. We will change careers equally as jobs.
2. Life-skills are transferable between careers/jobs
3. Think of yourself as in your own business. … Your boss is your customer.
4. Problems are opportunities … the bigger the problem the bigger the opportunity. Vinod Khosla
5. Use the engineering mind-set to focus on all the activities around your normal position.
6. Learn from your errors … They are learning tools
7. Be a lifelong learner … Have fun at it.
Proposed Outline of this program
Begin the process of re-entering the work-force
1. Do an ice-breaker to get to know your team mates, Discuss Brain Plasticity
2. Begin the team process, Define the team's culture
3. Discuss and begin to build your brand, What skills do I need?
4. Build a business concept as a team with an ownership mind set (learning problem-solving skills)
5. What company did we create and what skills are included, Did we use the thoughts of the Cultural Engineering Mindset?
5. Create elevator pitch
6. Set-up your networking and job finding process
7. Reflex and integrate what you have done, Celebrate
|Working as a team||See Web page|
|Ownership Mindset||Students are shown how to be an owner of their own business; what’s involved with their customers, suppliers and staff. Thinking like an owner allows you to interface and understand your boss and constantly improving your skills.|
|The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity” (Vinod Khosla).||Open|
|Project Academy Culture||Open|
|From our experiences in business & education, we have created a curriculum that sifted out the manual part of work and created thinking employees with unique mindset thinking and life-skills to be productive in your organization. These are the people that AI will be difficult to replace.|
|Branding Mindset||File Why you are unique|
|Elevator Pitch||File Short presentation of key items that you did|
|Mapping our thoughts||File Information gathering plus how they are connected|
|Customer and process||The Agenda, Mike Hammer|
|Thoughts of an organization||Dr. Deming 14 points|
|Life-Skills that you bring to the Job||File|
|Cultural Engineering Mindset||File|
Interesting web sites;
It is the policy of Project Academy not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education programs, services, activities, or employment practices.